Download the Course Guide
Despite women making up more than half of the world’s population, only 28% of the entire tech industry is female. As technology increasingly shapes each of our daily lives, it's crucial that we encourage as many women as possible to pursue careers in tech.
Coder Academy is proud to announce that we're teaming up with our longtime friends at Code Like A Girl to run <Code/IRL>, a female-only course and genuine career pathway for women wanting to launch their tech career by gaining a job-ready qualification.
Why Choose <Code/IRL>?
- Coder Academy are a recognised training organisation (RTO), and unlike many otherjob-ready training programs, by completing <Code/IRL>; you'll attain a Diploma ofInformation Technology recognised and respected by leading tech companies across Australia.
- Less than 25% of Australian tech graduates are female. That's a pretty clear indicatorthat women encounter far too many barriers on the journey to becoming a professional coder.That's why we've tailored a women-only course. This unique set-up will allow you to study inan environment where you'll be encouraged to push your own boundaries, take up space and –most importantly – define and achieve a successful career in tech.
- More than just a coding course, <Code/IRL>; provides you with over 1000face-to-face hours. You'll be part of a supported cohort and have exclusive access to theCode Like a Girl Mentoring Network. With a team of over 100 women in technology, you'll haveon-demand access to chat, ask questions and make life-long connections.
- Last, but not least, <Code/IRL>; graduates will be given priority access to CodeLike a Girl's internship program, giving you the opportunity to walk straight into a paidinternship on completion of your course. 75% of our interns are offered permanent roles afterplacement.
What will you learn?
Full stack (front and back end) coding in two languages...
- Computer science fundamentals
- HTML/CSS (Fundamentals)
- Ruby on Rails
Commencement date: Oct 2019 or Feb 2020
Duration: 12 months
Days: Thur, Fri & Sat (9am - 5pm)
Location: Coder Academy, 120 Spencer Street, Melbourne Course fee: $19,900 (payment plans & FEE-HELP)
Qualification: Diploma of Information Technology (issued by AIT)
Academy of Information Technology trading as Coder Academy Australia; RTO 90511, PRV12005, CRICOS 02155J; an approved VET Student Loan and FEE-HELP provider.