ONLINE PROGRAMMING AND HARDWARE FOR BEGINNERS, AGE 10-12 - $200 + GST per Student
Learn how to use Microsoft Make Code to program the Microbit, to take your inventions to the next level!
This course is aimed at students who have some coding experience and understand the basics (eg have worked in Scratch), but are ready to go explore further concepts. Students will enjoy getting to grips with how to control hardware using an online interface and how to use sensors to create inventions that respond to their surroundings.
Creative Kids vouchers accepted.
What you'll learn
- Master the fundamentals of coding in Make Code
- Control sensors, inputs and outputs using the online Microbit Simulator
- Write programs that perform basic math and light up LEDs
- Write code for your own project
- Understand how to use microbit as the brain for real world inventions
This course will run over 6 sessions - twice a week for 1 hour over 3 weeks
Sessions will be live and will require the following:Requirements
- Be able to use a computer (Windows or Mac)
- Have competant math skills
- To make this course hands on you will require a Microbit style micrprocessor, posted out to you as part of this course
- Students interested in adding electronics and interactivity to their projects
- Creative kids looking to prototype products
- Anyone curious about electronics and programming
- Children age 10+
Can't find what you're looking for?ASK US