Cyber Security Bootcamp
Diploma of Information Technology (Higher Education)
You may also opt-in to our Cyber Security Industry Readiness Program.
|6 June, 2019|
40 weeks of study, 21 contact hours per week
Higher Education Diploma of Information Technology
Nationally recognised qualification:
Academy of Information Technology (RTO: 90511, Registered Higher Education Provider: PRV12005), of which Coder Academy is a division.
$24,950 + $200 enrollment fee
FEE-HELP Loans - More details regarding FEE-HELP tuition loans are available at studyassist.gov.au
Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning
Click here to refer to The Academy of Information Technology's RPL Policy
Student Services Policies
Please click here to refer to the Academy of Information Technology Student Services Policies on withdrawals, cancellations, refunds and FEE-HELP re-credit.
We provide comfortable lecture rooms, break out areas with kitchen facilities and high speed wifi access at all of our campuses. Our courses are BYOD (bring your own device) and please ensure your computer is 2016 or later with at least 8G of RAM. You will have a better experience with a Mac or Linux but a Windows computer will also function appropriately. We will provide all software applications that are required throughout the course.
All applicants to the Cyber Security Bootcamp must satisfy TWO of the following:
- achieved a grade of not less than 70% in at least one STEM subject in Year 12 (or equivalent); and/or
- demonstrated interest in coding and cyber security
- successful completion of a problem solving test
- All applicants must be aged 17 and above (under 18s must have written parent/guardian consent)
- Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent
- Successful in-person or Skype interview with a Coder Academy’s Admissions Officer. Applicants are encouraged to prepare a portfolio for the admissions interview
- Alternative entry may be available in certain circumstances (e.g. you have completed relevant work experience/qualification prior to entry)
- Applicants may be required to undergo an Admissions Test prior to entry
- IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent which has been completed within the last 12 months
- Compulsory overseas student health insurance (OSHC) which may be purchased from Coder Academy & paid with the initial enrolment payment.
In addition to the above, international applicants must also meet the following minimum language requirements:
Applicants who do not meet the English requirements are still encouraged to apply. Depending on your English ability, we may request you undertake additional English studies prior to commencing your Diploma. Please be advised that the nature of the higher education Diploma of Information Technology (bootcamp delivery mode) requires high levels of English competency.
Applicants are advised to begin this process well in advance of intended start date to allow adequate time for processing of documentation. Please contact Coder Academy’s Admissions Office at +61 2 8355 3822 or email [email protected].
For international student services available, such as student accommodation, please refer to the Academy of Information Technology’s International Student page: http://www.ait.edu.au/international-students
Cyber Security Industry Readiness Program (CSIRP)
The CSIRP is an opt-in program available free of charge to Cyber Security Bootcamp students which provides the opportunity to:
- complete the With You With Me Security (WYWM) Analyst Pathway Course
- engage with the cyber security industry
- develop practical skills
- build networks in industry
These activities have been chosen to assist in preparing students to take the first steps toward securing a cyber security role.
The CSIRP consists of:
- WYWM Security Analyst Pathway Course (Terms 1 and 2)
- Self-study of online training materials (approx. 20 hours per term)
- Access to WYWM Military Veteran Instructors and Platform
- Cyber Security Activities (Terms 3 and 4)
- industry panel discussions
Note: The CSIRP is optional and students may opt out at any time. No assessments in the DIT are contingent on any activities in the CSIRP.